We understand your concerns about sending confidential information by the use of your personal computer and are committed to safeguarding your information. We collect and protect your information as follows:
1. Collection of Information During Your Visit to the Site. No personal information is collected if you browse our web site. We do not collect any information from use of any of the planning tools available on our site, such as the mortgage principal and interest calculator. We do gather and analyze data regarding the use of our web site, including domain name, pages visited, length of user session, etc., to determine the usefulness of our site, to help us stay abreast of technical upgrades that can make our site more accessible to visitors, and to record the date and time of individual visits to our site.
2. Cookies. Internet "cookies" are messages that a web server gives to your web browser in connection with your visit to a web site. The message contains information, in the form of lines of text that is then stored on your hard drive. As you visit certain pages of a web site, the site transmits a cookie to your browser; when you return to the page or site that transmitted the cookie, the information is transmitted back to the web site's server. Cookies are stored on your hard drive and are not stored, in any form, by the web server. Cookies cannot transmit computer viruses. You can set up your web browser to inform you when cookies are being sent and/or to prevent cookies from being sent.
3. Web Server Log Files. Web server log files list all requests for individual files made by web site visitors. These files include the HTML files and their imbedded graphic images and any other associated files that are transmitted to web site visitors. These files can be analyzed and summarized by another program.
Through the use of web server log files, any or all of the following information may be collected during your visits to our site:
Any information gathered through the use of web server log files is viewed by us in the aggregate for overall patterns and does not describe or identify any individual user. We do not combine information collected through cookies or web server log files with other personal information to derive any information about you.
4. Search Engine. When a visitor performs a search on our search engine, we do not record any information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed.
5. Electronic Mail and Customer Service Web Forms. Transmission of email sent to us through our site using our customer service web forms is secure; email otherwise sent by the Internet may not be secure.
6. Online Applications. If you submit an application for a product or service to us through our site, we collect and retain the content of the application that we receive, the email address from which it is sent, and our response.
7. Children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our site. If we become aware that personal information has been submitted through our site by a child under the age of 13, we delete the information from our system.
8. Use of Information. Any information that we collect through visitors' use of our web site will be used for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for a statistical analysis of visitors' behavior, for product development, for content improvement, to inform advertisers as to how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements, and to customize content and layout of our site. Data on visitors' home servers is aggregated for internal review and then discarded. Any information that you actively supply to us, such as names, postal and email addresses, and phone numbers may be added to our databases and used by us to contact you regarding site updates, and new products and services.